Friday, April 11, 2014

Simple dinner

No, I'm not dead. :) I know I'm a lazy *beep* when it comes to blogging, but no worries, I have loads of excuses. Firstly, let me just mention the warm weather (coffee in the sun? -yes please, everyday!), then I went to (the beautiful and warm) Tenerife for one week, me and my dear are also renovating our little "balcony" (it's just a small room, because it's a closed balcony, but it will be sooo pretty when it's done - pictures are coming) and last but not least: I have an exam tomorrow (yes, on a Saturday), so I've been a busy bee. :)
Enough with the excuses, let me show you what I cooked for dinner two days ago:

Prawns with eggs, carrots and spring onion


Recipe:

For 2 people: 300g of prawns, 1 large carrot (grated), 3-4 eggs (beaten), 3 spring onions (finely sliced), 2 tbsp of soy sauce, a pinch of chinese 5 spice powder, peanut oil

Heat the peanut oil in a wok, add the grated carrots and half of the spring onions, stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add beaten eggs and stir-fry for another minute. Add prawns, soy sauce and chinese 5 spice powder. Stir-fry for around 5 minutes or until the prawns are red. Serve with the rest of the fresh spring onions. :)

This is becoming one of my favorite recipes for dinner. It's just so easy to make and sooo delicious. Also, you can use any vegetable you want (chinese cabbage, mushrooms, ...) and if you're not a fan of soy sauce or exotic spices, a pinch of salt and pepper would work just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment